v100v

v100v Update

2 hours ago, Valgumir said:

That sounds actually good, no authorian force who obligates you to do stuff? It does me think a bit on The Venus Project like shown in this video: 

Yes, it would be directly democratic. Also, I've never seen the venus project before and that interests me greatly. Imagine if society actually came to a point such as that, a utopia such as that. That, sadly, will not happen in our lives, but we can begin to work towards it. In many ways my system of communes is much like that.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, n00b69 said:

Why's the server offline?

well v100v hasn't been online for 3 days now(forums), might want to go to his subreddit to ask him instead of here

14 minutes ago, PPC68000k said:

well v100v hasn't been online for 3 days now(forums), might want to go to his subreddit to ask him instead of here

k

• Downvote 3

21 hours ago, GreenGaming8 said:

whats wrong with playing minecraft with order 

whats wrong is over politicising the GAME to the point where you're such a vehement zealot about a pathetic political ideology, in a GAME. 

very few of you manage to separate video games from real life, it gives the impression you've managed to somehow blur the lines between the former and the latter. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, BastedTurkey said:

whats wrong is over politicising the GAME to the point where you're such a vehement zealot about a pathetic political ideology, in a GAME. 

very few of you manage to separate video games from real life, it gives the impression you've managed to somehow blur the lines between the former and the latter. 

who are you to tell us how to play an open world sandbox GAME? The point of Minecraft is to play it how you want, and it doesn't concern you how we like to play the GAME.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, BastedTurkey said:

It's called a COMMUNITY for a reason. If you're only in it for the GAME, then why are you even on the forums?

Edited by KingBowser24
  • Upvote 4

21 hours ago, GreenGaming8 said:

who are you to tell us how to play an open world sandbox GAME? The point of Minecraft is to play it how you want, and it doesn't concern you how we like to play the GAME.

reeee triggered much green

im not telling you how to play the bloody game am I you halfwit, it seems my original point of over politicising the game went straight over your head. for shame.

18 hours ago, KingBowser24 said:

It's called a COMMUNITY for a reason. If you're only in it for the GAME, then why are you even on the forums?

and this. wow, you actually managed to misconstrue the blindingly obvious message my post conveys, then make a reply that's not even related to anything I said. What's the whole community bit for? when did I even mention the community. Additionally, how do you manage to come to the conclusion i'm solely here to play minecraft. You invalidate your original question by asking why i'm even on the forums when it's pretty clear in the first place.

your replies make my head hurt, they're that bad. following your inevitable grasping attempts at retorts, you can both just have fake internet points to cater to your egos, instead of an actual reply.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, BastedTurkey said:

im not telling you how to play the bloody game am I you halfwit, it seems my original point of over politicising the game went straight over your head. for shame.

and this. wow, you actually managed to misconstrue the blindingly obvious message my post conveys, then make a reply that's not even related to anything I said. What's the whole community bit for? when did I even mention the community. Additionally, how do you manage to come to the conclusion i'm solely here to play minecraft. You invalidate your original question by asking why i'm even on the forums when it's pretty clear in the first place.

your replies make my head hurt, they're that bad. following your inevitable grasping attempts at retorts, you can both just have fake internet points to cater to your egos, instead of an actual reply.

Is insulting people the only thing you're capable of?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

43 minutes ago, ComradeGerm said:

Is insulting people the only thing you're capable of?

It appears so, though why should we be surprised.

1 hour ago, BastedTurkey said:

what you're doing is telling us the way we're playing the game is wrong, which you have no right to do.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, BastedTurkey said:

You've got quite the superiority complex, I'll give ya that ;)

I came to the conclusion you were here to play Minecraft, because multiple posts of yours basically seem to say "it's just a game". You're right, MC is just a game. But what I was trying to say was "Hey, we're a community, we're not just here for the game, and we can talk about what we damn well please"

If we're coming off to you as people who feed their egos on the internet, you're coming off to me as someone who is masking their insecurities by insulting people. Seriously bro, just chill and talk with us. We can talk other things besides politics.

Edited by KingBowser24
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 10/26/2017 at 11:37 AM, BastedTurkey said:

This is why I couldn't stand the players. You've hit the nail on the head with this one. Kinda disappointing that the ones doing exactly this don't seem to understand their behavior has direct consequences.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

38 minutes ago, ViperSRT3g said:

This is why I couldn't stand the players. You've hit the nail on the head with this one. Kinda disappointing that the ones doing exactly this don't seem to understand their behavior has direct consequences.

Talking politics in a game/online community? Direct Consequences? I can't seem to put the two together.

Please, do explain. 

Unless youre saying "not seperating video games from real life" has direct consequences.

That i can see. If one is under 18 and live with your parents, living on video games isn't a huge problem. Still a problem, since it would be a good idea to get a job around age 16 (thats what i did) for the extra experience. But once one has graduated from High school, one should get a life.

I was just thinking about this the other day after hearing from an old friend who is 22, still lives with his parents, and doesn't have a job.

Edited by KingBowser24
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, ViperSRT3g said:

Basically everything you've said since you announced the server shutdown has been negativity towards your own playerbase and it's pretty shitty.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, ComradeGerm said:

Basically everything you've said since you announced the server shutdown has been negativity towards your own playerbase and it's pretty shitty.

Finally you're understanding it! Your constant talk of politicizing everything literally made me not want to play on my own Minecraft servers. That is the reason I'm shutting them down! There's no reason for me to continue paying for these servers if I don't even want to play on them because of the people who are already playing on them. You're finally getting the whole reason for me shutting them down! It took like a whole month for you to finally come around to this, but you're getting it!

I have zero reason to keep this community alive because I no longer want to be a part of it because of the player base. I've stated this exact line since I even hinted at the servers shutting down a couple of months ago. But at least you're finally understanding the consequence of your decision to politicize everything. Politics affects everyone you once said. This is how it's affecting you.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, ViperSRT3g said:

Finally you're understanding it! Your constant talk of politicizing everything literally made me not want to play on my own Minecraft servers. That is the reason I'm shutting them down! There's no reason for me to continue paying for these servers if I don't even want to play on them because of the people who are already playing on them. You're finally getting the whole reason for me shutting them down! It took like a whole month for you to finally come around to this, but you're getting it!

I have zero reason to keep this community alive because I no longer want to be a part of it because of the player base. I've stated this exact line since I even hinted at the servers shutting down a couple of months ago. But at least you're finally understanding the consequence of your decision to politicize everything. Politics affects everyone you once said. This is how it's affecting you.

So we're blaming Germ now? In my 4 years of being around, there has been FAR worse things to go through here in terms of conversations and drama.

And you never implemented any rules/regulations for chat besides no spamming, as far as I know.

I guess you can't bring up politics anywhere these days without offending someone.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, ViperSRT3g said:

Okay, so you're shutting down the server because you didn't like what the people on the server talked about? Okay. I can agree that the server started to get more governmenty with rocky and prayed, but that is just the way they like to play, and it even could have encouraged other people to play. I think that politics could have even encouraged players to play, you just didn't like it because your point of view was one of an admin, people arguing over politics, like they do in real life.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't think so green, its more, do you like being in a room  with people arguing about stuff that doesn't effect them ,that they dont understand, attack you if you disagree, and try to create beef constantly. pretty unpleasant in general if you ask me. 

And then imagine you pay for the space those people argue in

if people acted like that in real life, they would get fired or banned from public spaces( and they do on ocassion).

I honestly don't know how ted managed to block it out for so long, a skill I would like to have.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, PPC68000k said:

I don't think so green, its more, do you like being in a room  with people arguing about stuff that doesn't effect them ,that they dont understand, attack you if you disagree, and try to create beef constantly. pretty unpleasant in general if you ask me. 

And then imagine you pay for the space those people argue in

if people acted like that in real life, they would get fired or banned from public spaces( and they do on ocassion).

I honestly don't know how ted managed to block it out for so long, a skill I would like to have.

True, ted definitely did hold on, and I see your point. It's a shame that it has to end like this, but you can't just ask viper to like it or prayed and rocky to change their views, and we can't just get those guys that only insult people on the forums to leave.

25 minutes ago, GreenGaming8 said:

True, ted definitely did hold on, and I see your point. It's a shame that it has to end like this, but you can't just ask viper to like it or prayed and rocky to change their views, and we can't just get those guys that only insult people on the forums to leave.

Green, honestly I don't think 'changing their views' is what anyone's implying here. It's more the fact that people are so vocal and often obnoxious about them, particularly in contexts that don't concern politics. That's the annoying part of this which, according to Viper, contributed to the servers shutdown.

Not to call out anyone in particular, I'm just giving my piece.

• Upvote 2

So long we can talk, discus things rationally and with respect towards others in a open-minded way I'm fine with it. But I understand that insulting, attacking,... eachother isn't a pleasant experience and that it demotivates you to play on this server. I think it would be a good idea to learn and train people social skills like empathy, respect, resist grouppressure, be assertive (NOT agressive), give compliments to eachother. What do you guys think? :)

• Upvote 1

On 10/23/2017 at 4:52 AM, v100v said:

Dear Lair,

Good news! v100v has so far had a smooth launch, with over 30 unique usernames logging in so far!  We hope for a good future, and all is going well. Some things that will be coming down the pipe soon:

-We are currently working on ways to fix the occasional crashing that does occur. Auto restarts may be a thing soon.

-Spawn has been improved very much, we eventually plan on adding .tps, however this is proving to be difficult, so may happen in the far future.

-We are currently working to make the server subreddit better. On a related note, does anyone know how to disable the need for admins to approve posts?

-We plan on listing the server on public lists on November third. Be ready.

-Eventually a way to donate will be added.

Sincerely, v100v 

Dear Lair,

Here is an updated list of our progress:

Done:

-Spawn and .tps are done

-Server subreddit is in full working order. We might add custom CSS in the future.

Still Working On:

-The server still does crash, our new wrapper plan has been delayed due to unforeseen consequences.

-Donation options are in the works. Color books will be added soon.

-We are going to push the server list release date to November 4th as of right now. This is so that we release on the weekend with more players available to see the server.

As a reminder to teleport to players the command is:

/trigger Teleport set (id in tab of player you want to teleport to)

The command to teleport to spawn is:

/trigger SpawnTeleport set 1

Sincerly, v100v

P.S:

We would like to remind players that attacking other vanilla server owners, players, or supporters is not behavior that v100v in any way supports. Please keep things civil.

Edited by v100v

2 hours ago, v100v said:

Still Working On:

-The server still does crash, our new wrapper plan has been delayed due to unforeseen consequences.

A multicraft license isn't that expensive its like 8euro for a 2 server license, highly recommend it, why build a wrapper when the work is already done.

or if you're really poor just make a cron job to restart the server.

29 minutes ago, FluxPavilion said:

in the mean time and between time, my ol vipers lair has 100% uptime, no lag, and awesome ol multicraft commands

Get the fuck out Aussie.

• Like 1