v100v

v100v Update

IP: v100v.us.to

Dear Lair,

Good news! v100v has so far had a smooth launch, with over 30 unique usernames logging in so far!  We hope for a good future, and all is going well. Some things that will be coming down the pipe soon:

-We are currently working on ways to fix the occasional crashing that does occur. Auto restarts may be a thing soon.

-Spawn has been improved very much, we eventually plan on adding .tps, however this is proving to be difficult, so may happen in the far future.

-We are currently working to make the server subreddit better. On a related note, does anyone know how to disable the need for admins to approve posts?

-We plan on listing the server on public lists on November third. Be ready.

-Eventually a way to donate will be added.

Sincerely, v100v 

P.S

I am going to put future updates here:

November 5th 2017:

-As of today we are running on our new more powerful dedicated server. This should decrease crashing until we can switch our wrapper to Multicraft.

-Our world size is now over 4.25 gigabytes! we would like to thank our players for growing v100v to such a great degree in such a short amount of time!

-We now have a plethora of custom commands including a spawn teleport command, peer to peer teleport commands, commands for a free donation book to change ones name color, and commands to change ones name color, chosen from a long list of available colors.

-v100v now has a semi-official discord at: https://discord.gg/FA6tckr

-v100v has had the pleasure of having almost 70 unique usernames log on to the server, this is just the start, as we hope many more are to come.

-We are still waiting for Multicraft product key donations. Message me on Reddit if you are interested in contributing to this community!

November 18th 2017:

v100v Update 11/18/2017:

Dear Lair,

Over the past week, v100v has improved quite a bit. We now have a new spawn (images should show up below) with much better anti-greif, and more importantly it looks cooler. We have also added in the most important edition, restarts upon the server crashing, and regular scheduled announced restarts (right now they happen every 2 hours, this can be changed to a different value in the future). Furthermore. we now have some new text based chat commands:

#vote : typing #vote in chat will bring up the future voting link to the server.

#reddit : typing #vote in chat will bring up the page to the v100v official Reddit

#??? : I have added one secret command. can you find it?

Along with these commands, I have added some of the classic chat spam with server related links that we all had a love hate relationship with on the Lair (I have toned it down a bit from how bad it was on the Lair, but I am not going to get rid of it completely even if the community wants me to due to the fact that it significantly increases new player retention).

v100v is expected to release to server list on thanksgiving day 2017. The only thing we have left to prepare is some extra links, and a revamped spawn guide book. All this can be down very effortlessly. Also as a final note, I would like to say that v100v will not be moving to Multicraft as was expected. We did obtain a license key to Multicraft, however due to issues with the program, and the fact that I recently discovered some features I did not know about in BukkitGui (our current wrapper), I am going to keep the server on BukkitGui for simplicity sake. This will have no effect on the features I have planned for v100v, due to the fact that I have found a way to do everything that was needed with BukkitGui. The only reason we will eventually make the switch to Multicraft in the far future is because BukkitGui has no support for automated voting. However, this is not really an issue right now due to the fact that you need code to run automated voting, and that can take months to do correctly.

FYI: BUKKITGUI IS NOT THE SAME AS BUKKIT. v100v is still 100% vanilla, BukkitGui is only a wrapper over the vanilla console.

P.S:

Due to the fact that the server information has become buried in the thread, I am posting it here:

SERVER IP: v100v.us.to

Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/v100v

If you have not joined the Reddit yet, and still actively play the game and engage in the community, I strongly encourage you to join. This is due to the fact that slowly this site is beginning to be naturally phased out by the community, as more posts are being made on the Reddit, and less and less are being made here. This is a gradual process, and I do not expect this site to be 100% dead anytime soon, however it is slowly beginning to decay.

Edited by v100v
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, v100v said:

we eventually plan on adding .tps, however this is proving to be difficult, so may happen in the far future.

orly,

You should ask flux about that, if you gave an ingame name, and you aren't rocky, he would probably help you.

just sayin.

also please stop making new topics every time you want to post about your server its borderline spam , bump and update a single thread instead.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, PPC68000k said:

orly,

You should ask flux about that, if you gave an ingame name, and you aren't rocky, he would probably help you.

just sayin.

also please stop making new topics every time you want to post about your server its borderline spam , bump and update a single thread instead.

well its a good thing after halloween admins won't be admins anymore and won't hold any real power over us because they seem to severely dislike v100v

• Upvote 1

I spent some time on v100v yesterday and it seems cool, and I was happy to see some of you on there, but I have one question...

Did you spawn a world without diamonds?

Seriously, I cleared a large area below lvl15 and haven't found one. I searched caverns and followed lakes of lava. Not one diamond. It feels odd. I don't hack so I can't look around with Xray and verify if I'm just the world's unluckiest digger.

I want to keep playing but I also want my diamonds and all the imaginary joy they provide.

• Upvote 1

Nevermind, 35 minutes after posting this I found 4 diamond ore, so I guess the answer is me = unlucky.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Yeggin said:

Nevermind, 35 minutes after posting this I found 4 diamond ore, so I guess the answer is me = unlucky.

I had the same problem, it seems diamonds are rare.

3 hours ago, GreenGaming8 said:

well its a good thing after halloween admins won't be admins anymore and won't hold any real power over us because they seem to severely dislike v100v

Don't generalize. PPC definitely isn't convinced. I don't care.

6 hours ago, GreenGaming8 said:

They have their reasons, Greeny. Given the fact that v100v is not well known in this community, yet he's here advertising his own new server as this one is shutting down, having some suspicion is pretty justified. 

I ain't taking sides or nothing, just using logic :)

Edited by KingBowser24

9 hours ago, GreenGaming8 said:

I don't actually dislike or like v100v, he simply comes off as arrogant for assuming he deserves credibility despite having 0 record,  when someone knows  detail about the server ,saying they've played for years , and yet methodically hides their  ingame identity (don't care about their personal info), Sets off a red flag for me,

There are people known to the server, who would do this sort of thing to exploit the player base. 

And I wasn't joking about flux helping, he may come off as crass, but he mostly knows what hes doing.

Have nothing against v100v,  but you dont deserve respect, you must earn it.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, KingBowser24 said:

Trump is Puddin' 

#Trump2020

Disappointed.

#Communism2020

3 hours ago, ComradeGerm said:

Disappointed.

#Communism2020

If ya think about it in terms of history Communism really just looks like glorified Oligarchy. It claims to work for the people,  but really all the higher ups get soaked in material wealth whIle everyone else gets shitty jobs and income.

It's everything leftists hate rolled into one, fat, dank joint.

And yet many of them want it...

Edited by KingBowser24

2 hours ago, KingBowser24 said:

If ya think about it in terms of history Communism really just looks like glorified Oligarchy. It claims to work for the people,  but really all the higher ups get soaked in material wealth whIle everyone else gets shitty jobs and income.

It's everything leftists hate rolled into one, fat, dank joint.

And yet many of them want it...

Many dictators of the past have claimed that they're creating communism when in reality they're just manipulating the people for their own benifit.

True communism is extremely democratic and libertarian.

Communism is about democracy both politically and economic, ending workplace dictatorships.

the only problem is that more authoritarian communists get rid of workplace dictatorships but install political dictatorships

That's why I'm an Anarchist AND a Communist, the way Communism was meant to be by Marx. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It sounds a bit utopic, but we can create this form of community with a select group of friends. It's easier to run a direct democracy with a few people then with millions of people, right? I've another question, what would keep people motivated to keep working for their job?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

16 hours ago, Valgumir said:

It sounds a bit utopic, but we can create this form of community with a select group of friends. It's easier to run a direct democracy with a few people then with millions of people, right? I've another question, what would keep people motivated to keep working for their job?

well, that's why I believe in a system of Communes which will answer both your questions. Communes would be from the size of small towns to the size of large cities. Since nationwide or worldwide communism is a difficult achievement, a system of communes is the solution. Each commune works like it's own mini nation, with it's own government, culture, laws, system of division of labor etc. Communes have been proven to work numerous times, which is why I believe in this system. Workers within the communes would do their jobs, and in turn get housing, food, education for their children, healthcare, and all necessities to have a comfortable middle class life. There would also be a sort of "Free Market" in between Communes. Not a Capitalist Free Market, a much more fair one. Communes would produce things and sell them to other Communes and citizens of other Communes, allowing for workers and people to get wants as well as needs. Their own Commune would give them an allowance of "money" per week to go spend on things from other Communes. Say a Commune specialized in making Tofu, and another specialized in making Wine, and each population wants the product the other commune produces. The tofu Commune sets up a shop in the wine Commune and vice versa, they make each other money. Well what if some citizens of the wine Commune want wine? It's the product of their own labor, therefore it's free to them. Therefore, you have a highly advanced economy between competing Communes, spreading products worldwide by trade. It has all the needed attributes of a highly efficient economy like competition, motivation, a stronger dollar (there wouldn't be inflation), no economic depressions, and predictability. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, ComradeGerm said:

-wall of communist propaganda-

jesus christ that was painful to look at, you just take the whole, le edgy communist thing way too far

That sounds actually good, no authorian force who obligates you to do stuff? It does me think a bit on The Venus Project like shown in this video: 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BastedTurkey said:

jesus christ that was painful to look at, you just take the whole, le edgy communist thing way too far

whats wrong with playing minecraft with order 

• Upvote 1

Political talks with Prayed can be quite interesting.  He said his clan in a way repeated the USSR and when I told him about mine he said mine has alot of parallels to the Roman Empire.

Good stuff, I Love Roman history! 

Edited by KingBowser24
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1