Sign in to follow this  
RockyAgate

Got To Love Mojangs "Updates"

Overtime, what counted as an "update" has been warped quite a bit. Back In the early days, updates were frequent, and each one was jammed packed with neat features. Then around 1.7 1.8 and 1.9 updates became very very slow, but they at least added in more features than usual. THen came the 1.10- 1.11 era, updates became smaller yet still had some meaning, and were faster than the 1.7 1.8 and 1.9 era, but now we go back to regression again. The 1.12 update took forever and mearly added in some useless colored blocks that most classic players dislike. And now we come to 1.13.

How does 1.13 even qualify as an update? It is literally just a texture pack, with the only discernable "features" being small tweaks to commands. Gurthermore, why does it take months of development to add a texture pack? Instead of this being a main update we have to get before you actually releace decent updates again, why don't you just have jappa work on this as a side project and add it eventually? It sommes counter intuitive to have a whole staff working on this when they could just add in useful stuff in the meantime while they wait for the pack to be done.

MalToran    36

They're basically re-coding half the game to get rid of some of the major problems that have existed since day one, while also making the game less laggy.  Also, they're adding a multitude of features that people have been trying to emulate for quite some time.  I'm extremely excited for this update.

• Upvote 1

GreenGaming8    305
7 hours ago, MalToran said:

They're basically re-coding half the game to get rid of some of the major problems that have existed since day one, while also making the game less laggy.  Also, they're adding a multitude of features that people have been trying to emulate for quite some time.  I'm extremely excited for this update.

What kind of features are you excited for?

n00b69    55

Mojang is basically Communism in a nutshell. First it may all seem great, but then nothing will change.

• Downvote 1

MalToran    36
15 hours ago, GreenGaming8 said:

What kind of features are you excited for?

I'm looking forward to custom crafting recipes and the ability to defer command block operations to functions with greatly improved efficiency.  Also, the removal of the block limit is long overdue.

GreenGaming8    305
13 hours ago, MalToran said:

I'm looking forward to custom crafting recipes and the ability to defer command block operations to functions with greatly improved efficiency.  Also, the removal of the block limit is long overdue.

What do you mean by block limit, something like build height limit? 

MalToran    36
3 hours ago, GreenGaming8 said:

What do you mean by block limit, something like build height limit? 

No.  There's an internal limit of 4096 different blocks that can exist in the game.  As of 1.13, there is no limit at all.

n00b69    55
47 minutes ago, MalToran said:

No.  There's an internal limit of 4096 different blocks that can exist in the game.  As of 1.13, there is no limit at all.

Because we will ever have 4096 blocks in the game at this rate of new updates.

PPC68000k    130
1 hour ago, n00b69 said:

with mods you can exceed this, now you can have even more mods installed. inb4 500+mods in a mod pack

MalToran    36
7 hours ago, n00b69 said:

There's only 4 left unused currently.

3 minutes ago, MalToran said:

There's only 4 left unused currently.

so it will take a year to fill the limit then.

MalToran    36
1 minute ago, RockyAgate said:

so it will take a year to fill the limit then.

Well, it means they couldn't even start adding new blocks in development versions until they removed the limit, hence why they're removing the limit.

14 hours ago, MalToran said:

Well, it means they couldn't even start adding new blocks in development versions until they removed the limit, hence why they're removing the limit.

true, but I feel as if they should add slabs for every building blocks or something cool now that its removed, but they are not

MalToran    36
Just now, RockyAgate said:

true, but I feel as if they should add slabs for every building blocks or something cool now that its removed, but they are not

Not yet.  Right now they're busy re-coding half the game.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MalToran said:

Not yet.  Right now they're busy re-coding half the game.

but I want the fun stuff now :)

n00b69    55
1 hour ago, MalToran said:

Have you played with "vertical slabs" yet?

I'd rather have dirt/grass slabs first.