Sign in to follow this  
RockyAgate

Got To Love Mojangs "Updates"

Recommended Posts

Overtime, what counted as an "update" has been warped quite a bit. Back In the early days, updates were frequent, and each one was jammed packed with neat features. Then around 1.7 1.8 and 1.9 updates became very very slow, but they at least added in more features than usual. THen came the 1.10- 1.11 era, updates became smaller yet still had some meaning, and were faster than the 1.7 1.8 and 1.9 era, but now we go back to regression again. The 1.12 update took forever and mearly added in some useless colored blocks that most classic players dislike. And now we come to 1.13.

                   How does 1.13 even qualify as an update? It is literally just a texture pack, with the only discernable "features" being small tweaks to commands. Gurthermore, why does it take months of development to add a texture pack? Instead of this being a main update we have to get before you actually releace decent updates again, why don't you just have jappa work on this as a side project and add it eventually? It sommes counter intuitive to have a whole staff working on this when they could just add in useful stuff in the meantime while they wait for the pack to be done.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 MalToran    36

They're basically re-coding half the game to get rid of some of the major problems that have existed since day one, while also making the game less laggy.  Also, they're adding a multitude of features that people have been trying to emulate for quite some time.  I'm extremely excited for this update.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 GreenGaming8    305
7 hours ago, MalToran said:

They're basically re-coding half the game to get rid of some of the major problems that have existed since day one, while also making the game less laggy.  Also, they're adding a multitude of features that people have been trying to emulate for quite some time.  I'm extremely excited for this update.

What kind of features are you excited for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 n00b69    55

Mojang is basically Communism in a nutshell. First it may all seem great, but then nothing will change.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 MalToran    36
15 hours ago, GreenGaming8 said:

What kind of features are you excited for?

I'm looking forward to custom crafting recipes and the ability to defer command block operations to functions with greatly improved efficiency.  Also, the removal of the block limit is long overdue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 GreenGaming8    305
13 hours ago, MalToran said:

I'm looking forward to custom crafting recipes and the ability to defer command block operations to functions with greatly improved efficiency.  Also, the removal of the block limit is long overdue.

What do you mean by block limit, something like build height limit? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 MalToran    36
3 hours ago, GreenGaming8 said:

What do you mean by block limit, something like build height limit? 

No.  There's an internal limit of 4096 different blocks that can exist in the game.  As of 1.13, there is no limit at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 n00b69    55
47 minutes ago, MalToran said:

No.  There's an internal limit of 4096 different blocks that can exist in the game.  As of 1.13, there is no limit at all.

Because we will ever have 4096 blocks in the game at this rate of new updates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 PPC68000k    130
1 hour ago, n00b69 said:

Because we will ever have 4096 blocks in the game at this rate of new updates.

with mods you can exceed this, now you can have even more mods installed. inb4 500+mods in a mod pack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 MalToran    36
7 hours ago, n00b69 said:

Because we will ever have 4096 blocks in the game at this rate of new updates.

There's only 4 left unused currently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MalToran said:

There's only 4 left unused currently.

so it will take a year to fill the limit then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 MalToran    36
1 minute ago, RockyAgate said:

so it will take a year to fill the limit then.

Well, it means they couldn't even start adding new blocks in development versions until they removed the limit, hence why they're removing the limit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MalToran said:

Well, it means they couldn't even start adding new blocks in development versions until they removed the limit, hence why they're removing the limit.

true, but I feel as if they should add slabs for every building blocks or something cool now that its removed, but they are not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 MalToran    36
Just now, RockyAgate said:

true, but I feel as if they should add slabs for every building blocks or something cool now that its removed, but they are not

Not yet.  Right now they're busy re-coding half the game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MalToran said:

Not yet.  Right now they're busy re-coding half the game.

but I want the fun stuff now :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 n00b69    55
1 hour ago, MalToran said:

Have you played with "vertical slabs" yet?

I'd rather have dirt/grass slabs first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Server Stats

  • Discord Server