Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GamerGirl1023

Suggestion To Add Back In Player To Player Teleports

10 posts in this topic

I Remember Back In 1.8, If The Admins Were In The Mood, They Would Teleport Players To Each Other If Both Party's Consented To The Teleport. This However Was Stopped In 1.9 Due To The Fact That It Became An Annoyance To The Admins Having To Constantly Teleport People. However I Would Like To Make A Case To Add Back In The Teleport. Currently, Almost All The Well Established Players Know How To Teleport On Their Own (Legally, As 0 Mods Are Used) Using Nether Portals. So We Have Been Living Just Fine Without Access To tpa, However Taking Away tpa Has Had A Horrible Effect On New Player Turnover. Back In The Day, New Players Could Join, And Quickly Be Recruited To An Entry Level Base, And Quickly Brought To Said Base By Means Of Admin Teleportation. Statistically, These Players Who Were Recruited By Bases And Teleported To Said Bases By Admins, Played Much Longer Than Players Left On Their Own Without Admin Teleportation. So If We Added Back In Teleportation, Maybe We Could Get New Players To Stick Around. Now To Address The Negatives Of This Proposal, I Am Aware That This Might Annoy Some Admins, So If A Teleport Was To Be Added, It Would Be At ADMINS DISCRETION ONLY. Furthermore, If Admins Don't Want To Deal With All The Requests, Than I Propose That The Teleport Should Only Be Available To Relatively New Players Under A Certain Number Of Minutes Online, Such As Under 2000, 1000, Or 500 If You Want To Be Extreme. Now This Limitation Would Mean Players Under "X" Minutes Online Would Be Able To Teleport To Players Above And Below "X" Minutes Online. However Players Above "X" Minutes Online Would Only Be Aloud To Have Players Teleport To Them. Along With Helping Keep Teleportation Requests Down, This Would Help Prevent Old Players From Teleporting To New Players To Simply Cause Harm, Or Just Get To Spawn Easy. Furthermore, On The Same Subject I Hear That Admins Are Worried About Measures To Get Lots Of New Players Joining Leading To An Increased Risk Of The Server Being Attacked. This Would Not Lead To The Server Being Attacked Because It Would Just Keep The Players Who Already Join From Leaving, But It Would Not Really Bring In More Players Than Usual, It Would Just Keep The Players We Have Online More. Besides Stopping Player Turnover From Being So Bad, This Change Would Also Make The Game Much More Fair And Even, Because Established Players Can Teleport Already, But New Players Usually Do Not Know How To, Or Don't Have The Resources To Do So. Please Take This Suggestion Into Serious Consideration.

2 hours ago, GamerGirl1023 said:

I Remember Back In 1.8, If The Admins Were In The Mood, They Would Teleport Players To Each Other If Both Party's Consented To The Teleport. This However Was Stopped In 1.9 Due To The Fact That It Became An Annoyance To The Admins Having To Constantly Teleport People. However I Would Like To Make A Case To Add Back In The Teleport. Currently, Almost All The Well Established Players Know How To Teleport On Their Own (Legally, As 0 Mods Are Used) Using Nether Portals. So We Have Been Living Just Fine Without Access To tpa, However Taking Away tpa Has Had A Horrible Effect On New Player Turnover. Back In The Day, New Players Could Join, And Quickly Be Recruited To An Entry Level Base, And Quickly Brought To Said Base By Means Of Admin Teleportation. Statistically, These Players Who Were Recruited By Bases And Teleported To Said Bases By Admins, Played Much Longer Than Players Left On Their Own Without Admin Teleportation. So If We Added Back In Teleportation, Maybe We Could Get New Players To Stick Around. Now To Address The Negatives Of This Proposal, I Am Aware That This Might Annoy Some Admins, So If A Teleport Was To Be Added, It Would Be At ADMINS DISCRETION ONLY. Furthermore, If Admins Don't Want To Deal With All The Requests, Than I Propose That The Teleport Should Only Be Available To Relatively New Players Under A Certain Number Of Minutes Online, Such As Under 2000, 1000, Or 500 If You Want To Be Extreme. Now This Limitation Would Mean Players Under "X" Minutes Online Would Be Able To Teleport To Players Above And Below "X" Minutes Online. However Players Above "X" Minutes Online Would Only Be Aloud To Have Players Teleport To Them. Along With Helping Keep Teleportation Requests Down, This Would Help Prevent Old Players From Teleporting To New Players To Simply Cause Harm, Or Just Get To Spawn Easy. Furthermore, On The Same Subject I Hear That Admins Are Worried About Measures To Get Lots Of New Players Joining Leading To An Increased Risk Of The Server Being Attacked. This Would Not Lead To The Server Being Attacked Because It Would Just Keep The Players Who Already Join From Leaving, But It Would Not Really Bring In More Players Than Usual, It Would Just Keep The Players We Have Online More. Besides Stopping Player Turnover From Being So Bad, This Change Would Also Make The Game Much More Fair And Even, Because Established Players Can Teleport Already, But New Players Usually Do Not Know How To, Or Don't Have The Resources To Do So. Please Take This Suggestion Into Serious Consideration.

Your word-wall hurts my eyes. But you do raise a good point. Now that some of the groups on here are slowly dissolving, both new and old, adding some form of tpa could be a good idea.

New groups formed and disbanded all the time on the previous map, which is something that should be encouraged on this one, too. Far too often you find that newcomers leave after dying while sifting through the spawn jungle, prompting them to leave the server and not give it a proper chance, which really is a shame because they don't get to see the server beyond the surface.

However, admins have mentioned in the past that they would rather keep the server's player base low rather than high to steer clear of future DDoS attacks, of which the server has experienced in the past. A major one happened maybe two and a half years ago which killed off much of the community. I certainly wouldn't want another one to happen, and wouldn't want to put whatever is left of the community at risk.

Though I don't fully agree with you, you do bring up a valid point. It could help the server's player base grow provided the admins would want it to and be willing to take that risk.

if im honest i dont see this becoming a reality. 

Maybe the random tp could be brought back to give newcomers a small head-start ..?

When I first started I teleported to my friend, who knows how much I would have played if I started alone.

23 minutes ago, GreenGaming8 said:

When I first started I teleported to my friend, who knows how much I would have played if I started alone.

The First Base I Lived At I Did Not Teleport To, However It Was Just A Starter Base Only 30k From Spawn, However I Don't Know If I Would Of Continued To Play If I Never Got Teleported To My Second Base.

On 7/31/2017 at 10:44 PM, GreenNaugahyde said:

Your word-wall hurts my eyes. But you do raise a good point. Now that some of the groups on here are slowly dissolving, both new and old, adding some form of tpa could be a good idea.

New groups formed and disbanded all the time on the previous map, which is something that should be encouraged on this one, too. Far too often you find that newcomers leave after dying while sifting through the spawn jungle, prompting them to leave the server and not give it a proper chance, which really is a shame because they don't get to see the server beyond the surface.

However, admins have mentioned in the past that they would rather keep the server's player base low rather than high to steer clear of future DDoS attacks, of which the server has experienced in the past. A major one happened maybe two and a half years ago which killed off much of the community. I certainly wouldn't want another one to happen, and wouldn't want to put whatever is left of the community at risk.

Though I don't fully agree with you, you do bring up a valid point. It could help the server's player base grow provided the admins would want it to and be willing to take that risk.

This Would Not Cause The Server To Be DDosed. This Is Because All This Change Would Do Is Keep Players We Already Get In, But It Would Not Attract More Players.

5 hours ago, GamerGirl1023 said:

This Would Not Cause The Server To Be DDosed. This Is Because All This Change Would Do Is Keep Players We Already Get In, But It Would Not Attract More Players.

New people join every single day still and if more people stayed because they could get right in with someone the player base would be bigger so it could lead to DDoS atacks like the server has had in the past.

I joined after the TP, I didn't TP to anyone and was all alone for a while. The TP may be a good idea, but I never see the admins agreeing to doing anything like this. This would allow the newer weaker players to continue to play without having to experience any hardships like the rest of us have had to. Natural selection occurs at spawn all the time, the weak stop playing and the strong survive. There are more weak than strong, but I would rather have a small amount of strong players than a large amount of weak players. 

1 hour ago, PrayedGerm said:

I joined after the TP, I didn't TP to anyone and was all alone for a while. The TP may be a good idea, but I never see the admins agreeing to doing anything like this. This would allow the newer weaker players to continue to play without having to experience any hardships like the rest of us have had to. Natural selection occurs at spawn all the time, the weak stop playing and the strong survive. There are more weak than strong, but I would rather have a small amount of strong players than a large amount of weak players. 

Thats true, but I also think the admins would never agree to it if it was in the form that it was previously, because since admins are on a lot less now, the amount of players that are going to want to TP will be denser, which gives the admins less time to play.