Alpha

Vanilla Server Map Reset

Vanilla Map Reset Poll  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like the Vanilla Map to reset?

• Yes, I want the map to reset!
    • No, I do not want the map to reset
  2. 2. How soon would you want the map to be reset?

• When the new update (1.12) comes out.
    • At the end of this year. (2017)
    • A month from now.
  3. 3. Would you agree a reset could be good for the economy?

• Yes, It would get rid of all duped items!
    • No, people would still dupe.
  4. 4. From a scale of 1-10, how much do you want a reset?

I know that a map reset is for drastic times, BUT we are at drastic times with the server economy! Even tho a lot of us have pledged to dupe no more and get rid of all duped items, many duped items still flow through the servers economy. It is unfortunate, but a map reset would be a great solution. Please take the time to answer the 4 short questions I have provided in this poll.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

41 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I know that a map reset is for drastic times, BUT we are at drastic times with the server economy! Even tho a lot of us have pledged to dupe no more and get rid of all duped items, many duped items still flow through the servers economy. It is unfortunate, but a map reset would be a great solution. Please take the time to answer the 4 short questions I have provided in this poll.

This poll is biased and poorly made, "Yes I want a reset" has an !, but "No I don't want a reset" does not have a !, showing you are hinting on what you want us to vote for. Furthermore, the second question lacks an answer saying "I do not want a reset". Please make a new unbiased poll.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, MemeBot said:

This poll is biased and poorly made, "Yes I want a reset" has an !, but "No I don't want a reset" does not have a !, showing you are hinting on what you want us to vote for. Furthermore, the second question lacks an answer saying "I do not want a reset". Please make a new unbiased poll.

doesnt matter you play on snapshot not vanilla

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

doesnt matter you play on snapshot not vanilla

Dodging the question by asking a question. And I play on both.

• Downvote 1

Just now, MemeBot said:

Dodging the question by asking a question. And I play on both.

the first time i made the poll there was a ! but i accidentally clicked cancel and was rushing to make it all over again

this poll is for regulars on the vanilla only, you do not count. minus one vote from the opposed

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

this poll is for regulars on the vanilla only, you do not count. minus one vote from the opposed

How would you know if I am a regular? Also please fix the poll.

• Downvote 1

the reason the second question doesnt have another " I do not want a reset" is because the map is already going to be reset at some point. get off my feed bro!

Well maybe if your identity wasn't hidden you could have a say in this poll.

Honestly what are you thinking? Resets will only delay the influx of duped items and dupers. This server has absolutely no anti-duping plugins, or plugins at all for that matter. A map reset will help for but a period of time, it is not a permanent solution. If you really go against duping then go create a poll for adding plugins to VL.

7 minutes ago, xpielordx said:

Honestly what are you thinking? Resets will only delay the influx of duped items and dupers. This server has absolutely no anti-duping plugins, or plugins at all for that matter. A map reset will help for but a period of time, it is not a permanent solution. If you really go against duping then go create a poll for adding plugins to VL.

the poll isnt just an anti dupe poll, we are voting on an economy reset

18 minutes ago, Alpha said:

the poll isnt just an anti dupe poll, we are voting on an economy reset

Economy reset huh? The economy, at one point or another, will be inflated by dupers. Like I said previously, this is not a permanent solution. The reason for such a rich economy is without a doubt duping. The only true way to "fix" the economy and stop dupers is to install plugins to counteract the duping methods.

Edited by xpielordx

Just now, xpielordx said:

Economy reset huh? The economy, at one point or another, will be inflated by dupers. Like I said previously, this is not a permanent solution. The reason for such a rich economy is without a doubt duping. The only true way to fix the economy and stop dupers is to install plugins to counteract the duping methods.

I agree, but a lot of us still would like a map reset as well.

Admins: duping is a major problem for this server

Admins: Let's do nothing about it

Players: How about install a plugin to prevent duping

Admins: No, that wouldn't make the server vanilla anymore

Players: Then do something about the dupers

Admins: no

• Upvote 2

Duping is a problem, but while hacks are still permitted on the server, dupers will still reign supreme over more honest players, so a map reset will not help long-term. After a reset, there will be no duped items (obviously), but when players begin obtaining valuable items, they will want more, then dupe them. There will always be people who want to break the rules and there will always be people who are greedy.

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I agree, but a lot of us still would like a map reset as well.

I for one wouldn't want all my builds to be gone and I'm sure others would agree.

1 hour ago, MemeBot said:

How would you know if I am a regular? Also please fix the poll.

I mean Ive never seen dm5w7ntb4j1hz8 on the server before so you can't be a regular on vanilla.

• Upvote 2

Admins are memers 

Player: Let's greif a base

Admin: You greifed my base

Player: I didn't know it was your base

Admin: Idc I'm going to get revenge by tping to your base and greifing it

Player: Erm ok I'll rebuild it

Admin: I hope you feel educated young man

Player: Sure, erm what happens now

Admin: We simply pretend nothing happened

Player: Ok...

Edited by Walrus

Also @MemeBot if you aren't going to reveal yourself - even though its pretty clear you are green - y the fuck would your opinion matter?

3 hours ago, Walrus said:

Admins are memers 

Player: Let's greif a base

Admin: You greifed my base

Player: I didn't know it was your base

Admin: Idc I'm going to get revenge by tping to your base and greifing it

Player: Erm ok I'll rebuild it

Admin: I hope you feel educated young man

Player: Sure, erm what happens now

Admin: We simply pretend nothing happened

Player: Ok...

wut

I can not honestly vote in this poll because I do not ever want a map reset and question 2 requires an answer as when I would want one.

Add "never" and I will vote. As it is, this poll only gets results from people who want a reset.

8 hours ago, PrayedGerm said:

wut

ikr - t'was quite the kek when it happened

On 5/28/2017 at 10:42 AM, GreenGaming8 said:

Admins: duping is a major problem for this server

Admins: Let's do nothing about it

Players: How about install a plugin to prevent duping

Admins: No, that wouldn't make the server vanilla anymore

Players: Then do something about the dupers

Admins: no

You can believe that if you so choose, but the rabbit hole goes deeper.

morpge.PNG

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

GREEN NEEDS TO CHECK THOSE FACTS

• Upvote 1