NVDoom

PSA: Dupe Bans Have Begun

Hello, as you all know Minecart26 was banned for talking endlessly about the dupe he created yesterday evening. No one was really surprised by this because he did start the issue, and was being very open about it. However this forecasted future events. A few hours after Minecart26 was banned I was alone on the server with one other player, and I needed some obsidian for a build project. So as everyone does I duped it, but as I was finishing the last boxes of the obsidian, I was suddenly banned by the console. This leads me to conclude an anti dupe console plugin has been installed into the servers console, but the .jar is still vanilla. From the way I was banned, I assume that if this console bot sees you leave and join too fast or too many times in set period of time, it automatically bans you. Now here is the bad part: Viper is not accepting appeals for dupe bans.

My advice to players who are not banned: stop duping IMMEDITELY or you will suffer the consequence's as I did. I would also advise destroying any current stashes because I have a feeling in game enforcement may come very soon. Furthermore, I also have a feeling that a program might soon be developed by admins to search for and destroy and chests full of duped items in the world. Finally, for now I would definitely keep any large quantity of duped items out of your inventory and your end chest, because it is possible for admins to look at the player.dat files and see who has duped quantities of Items, and who does not. Furthermore, be sure to destroy any large duped build at your base made out of OP items like beacons and ore blocks. I would like to think that builds made from non op items are most likely safe, even if said Items are duped, however I would not know.

Their is little that can be done for me, but please please please, heed my word and don't let this happen to yourself.

P.S: Bans apply to both your IP and your account, so do not think that duping on a alt will save you.

• Upvote 1

Hey Nv Doom I was banned as well, And I figure every other player related to us has been banned as well, I was wondering if we banned players should move to a diffrent server, any recommendations would be much appreciated. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Solomonears said:

Hey Nv Doom I was banned as well, And I figure every other player related to us has been banned as well, I was wondering if we banned players should move to a diffrent server, any recommendations would be much appreciated. 

Right now I'm trying to go the path of being unbanned, but at the moment my hopes are slim. My appeal has been denied so my only hope is to play on a alt once my ip changes. I have heard that they do not ban your alt unless you mess up again.

16 minutes ago, Solomonears said:

Also Idk what the process is for second appeals, they might let me make another one and actually look at it in a month or some other large amount of time. Our highest hope might be when the map resets, then they may actually let us be unbanned, but don't count on it.

1 minute ago, DonaldDankworth said:

Hang in there guys its not over yet, you still might get to come back if the mods are nice :)

They already denied my application, they will surely deny Solomon.

Just now, Solomonears said:

yeah i was denied as well

Change your profile location to banned to spread the word.

Just now, DonaldDankworth said:

Hmmm Ted was saying you guys might get a second chance if you filed an appeal so thats not good to hear :(

Our only choices at this point:

1. Change our IPs and join on alts, don't dupe, and hope to not be banned.

2. File a second appeal later

3. Do something good for the forums or other servers to redeem ourselves (idk if that would work)

4. Wait for a map reset

1 minute ago, Solomonears said:

From my experience, Maybe Or might, Is a slanted way of saying probably not. 

Our hopes are not high :(

Still, at least we are not in this situation alone, since we are both banned. Its too bad though because the end floor really cant  be built now.

Glad to see the admins are doing something about the people that are duping.

if this triggers you, let me tell you.

HOW MANY TIMES HAS IT BEEN STATED THAT DUPING IS BANNABLE?

• Upvote 2

Just now, GreenGaming8 said:

Glad to see the admins are doing something about the people that are duping.

if this triggers you, let me tell you.

HOW MANY TIMES HAS IT BEEN STATED THAT DUPING IS BANNABLE?

Yes I never said that our bans are not justified, but if we really want to start pointing fingers greengaming8..................................................

All people that played here have duped, there are just people that stopped, and destroyed their duped items after it was declared duping is bannable.

• Upvote 1

All people that played here have duped, there are just people that stopped, and destroyed their duped items after it was declared duping is bannable.

Green it has been bannable from day one. Just not enforced until today. And as for those who have stopped and destroyed existing items...... they don't really exist, even if they claim they do.

Just now, NVDoom said:

Green it has been bannable from day one. Just not enforced until today. And as for those who have stopped and destroyed existing items...... they don't really exist, even if they claim they do.

false. The admins did not really know about the dupe until it was widespread, and then made it illegal, it was legal before that. Don't question my knowledge, you weren't even on the server when the dupe first came around.

• Upvote 1

false. The admins did not really know about the dupe until it was widespread, and then made it illegal, it was legal before that. Don't question my knowledge, you weren't even on the server when the dupe first came around.

I can read the date of the rule board, duping has been illegal since that post was made.

Green this was made in 2013, you of all people should  know that if you duped at any time it was still illegal, even if it was not widespread.

While it is ಥ_ಥ to see 2 of our favorite players go, I think that it was justified and will send a message to all players. Players will now know that rules are being enforced, and therefore all duping will cease to happen. I just wish the admins made examples of different people. I would say that anyone who may have a dupe stash should destroy it, and let the server go back to legitimate gathering.

• Upvote 2

Just now, PrayedGerm said:

While it is ಥ_ಥ to see 2 of our favorite players go, I think that it was justified and will send a message to all players. Players will now know that rules are being enforced, and therefore all duping will cease to happen. I just wish the admins made examples of different people. I would say that anyone who may have a dupe stash should destroy it, and let the server go back to legitimate gathering.

Well to be fair one of the people they hose had a alt so at least that's good, but poor sweet little ol Solomon, he's out of commission.

2 minutes ago, PrayedGerm said:

Still we must stay strong it times like this.